Suggestion to improve the Ratios filter

Posts: 1 · Views: 23
  • 41689

    Hi Wallhaven team,

    I’m not sure if this is intentional, but the Ratios filter feels really counterintuitive to me. Could you maybe take a look at it and improve it?

    As of 5:00 AM California time (Pacific Time), the total number of images is 1,288,285. When I filter for landscape only, I get 913,242. Portrait only gives 362,352. Square (1x1) only gives 9,722. If I add those up: 913,242 + 362,352 + 9,722 = 1,285,316. That’s 2,969 less than the total (1,288,285). I’m really curious where those 2,969 images went.

    Another thing I found interesting: when I keep only landscape and portrait, the count equals the total number of images. So where did the square ones go?

    To me, it would make more sense if landscape only showed horizontal images, portrait only showed vertical images, and square/1x1 was its own separate option. Is there any chance you could make the filter work that way?

    Thanks for your time!

Message